Sunday, March 20, 2016

Persimson Dreams Challenge 6 - A Goose in the Monkey Wrench

I was soooo excited about this challenge.  I've been wanting to create the monster churn dash in the Simpy Retro book by Camille Roskelley.  It totally fit the bill for this challenge!  I did modify it to include borders and flying geese.

I am in love with how this turned out!



I did the quilting myself and I'm happy as a beginner with how it turned out.  I love how I see the churn dash on the back.


I'm calling this my Big Daddy quilt, in loving memory of our friend Lynn who passed away last week. I was wrapped up in it on the way to his celebration of life, finishing the binding.

The quilt measures 44x44 and will be a great addition to my work office wall.

3 comments:

  1. How wonderful that this challenge fit the bill for you to make your monster churn dash!! Will certainly make a lovely springtime addition to your office!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors! Your quilting looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely quilt and what a sweet memory for you. I'm so sorry for your loss and glad you found comfort.

    ReplyDelete