Friday, March 18, 2016

Shop Hop - Day 1


Late yesterday, I decided I would join the Quilter's Fun Run - it was very sunny but windy and chilly day.  I love driving our Subaru Forester on sunny days.  I feel like I'm in a warm and toasty terrarium. 

Besides the free fabric at the end, I love going on Shop Hops, because I love driving in the NE Iowa country side.  Somehow the rolling hills of fields and towns bring me a sense of peace and calm.  Plus I never know what's going to be around the next bend in the road - no camels this trip but there were buffalo and lamas.
 
The city I work in made it an easy jog to the Osage and Decorah shops.  Tonight I will hit the Charles City and New Hampton shops.  And Saturday morning I will make it to the Waverly and Cedar Falls shops.

Like most times when I go on a hop, I have a plan.  Only certain kinds of prints from each store to go in the sampler projects I'm working on.  Of course Debbie's had some super cute Paris fabric right as I walked in.  I feel for it hard.  I found a cute bag pattern I've been wanting and I walked out with my 4 30's fat quarters and a new bag project.

At the Red-Roxy Quilt Co. my plan was to pick up some more bag patterns - they carry several of the Pink Sands Design patterns and I love them.  Lucky for me they had 2 I was looking for so I picked them up and a sale fabric for one of the bags.

As for the rest of the shops - I'm not sure what treasures I'll find but I know they'll be something good.

~ Karen

pictures of my treasures will come later .... I got home late and wanted to spend time with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment