Sunday, March 6, 2016

Persimon Dreams challenge 5 - Through the Eyes of a Child

Wow this challenge was a tough one for me!

Our kids have 4 legs and well while they do create art with their toys, I just wasn't feeling it for a quilt project.  I contacted a few friends and they sent some amazing art work - but again I just wasn't feeling it.

Then I had an ah ha moment  -  a couple of years ago my brother, his two boys (high schoolers) and I went on an adventure.





 We ended up eating at a pizza place that had paper lined tables with crayons.  Let the doodling begin....

Nephew Nathan - Lots of ideas!



Nephew Jordan - Love the flames!  He made them look soooo Easy!






And my brother - I always knew he was talented - he whipped these out so fast - the picture quality doesn't do them justice.





As you can see I had a lot to choose from!  I finally decided to go with this one.... my head exploded with all of the things I could use.


The reason I choose this one was the legs/feet - they cracked me up!  I did decide to leave off the fight with the older brother - ah the joy of siblings!  Reminded me of my brother and I at that age.



I LOVE how this turned out - even the background is adding dimension to the piece.  It looks like flames coming out the nose and bottom looks like tall grass.  The teeth gave me a struggle - I thought I was going to use a zipper but I couldn't find any that looked right.  Then I found the bling on a roll and thought she could use a chrome grill.  The head is made of batting, the shapes are felt/wool and the body is a ribbon.


The piece finished at 11x14 and I ended up framing it because I wanted to add it to my gallery wall.  I ended up using applique and embroidery on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment